to the deathidiom
Definition of to the death
1 : until someone is dead The warriors would fight to the death. a battle to the death
2 : with all of one's energy and effort Some parents do not want the school to be closed, and say they'll fight to the death for it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game