to crown it allidiom
Definition of to crown it all
—used to indicate the last and usually worst thing in a series of bad things that have happened It rained, it snowed, and, to crown it all, our flight was canceled.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Moon-Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?