tire ofphrasal verb
tired of; tiring of; tires of
Definition of tire of
: to become bored by (something) : to stop being interested in (something) He soon tired of doing the same work every day. She never tires of listening to music.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game