Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Definition of tip-and-run
- a heavy bomb from a tip-and-run raider scored a direct hit
- —O. S. Nock
- sallied to make tip-and-run assaults
- —Manchester Guardian Weekly
Origin and Etymology of tip-and-run
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up tip and run? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).