tin·dery | \ ˈtind(ə)rē, -ri\
Definition of tindery
: resembling tinder : highly inflammable or inflammatory covered with dry, tindery sea moss— Herman Melville described the … drought with a tindery phrase capable of kindling this page — National Geographic ahead in the tindery future — Time
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game