tin·dery | \ ˈtind(ə)rē, -ri\
Definition of tindery
: resembling tinder : highly inflammable or inflammatory covered with dry, tindery sea moss— Herman Melville described the … drought with a tindery phrase capable of kindling this page — National Geographic ahead in the tindery future — Time
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game