Definition of time line
1 : a table listing important events for successive years within a particular historical period
2 usually timeline \ ˈtīm-ˌlīn \ : a schedule of events and procedures : timetable sense 2
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game