time of day
Definition of time of day
1a : the time as indicated by the clock asked him what time of day it was
b : the present time it is unnecessary at this time of day to argue that the world is round
2a : the state of the case : the true situation he's been here long enough to know the time of day
b : the latest fashion has long set the time of day in … champagnes — New Yorker
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game