time is not on someone's sideidiom
Definition of time is not on someone's side
—used to say that a person will have less chance of success because he or she has to do something very soon If we wait too long to buy the tickets, the concert may be sold out: time is not on our side.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game