Definition of tiffany
(Entry 1 of 4)
1 : a sheer silk gauze formerly used for clothing and trimmings
2 : a plain-woven open-mesh cotton fabric (such as cheesecloth)
Definition of Tiffany (Entry 2 of 4)
: being glass or an article of glass made by or in the manner of Louis C. Tiffany especially : made of pieces of stained glass a Tiffany-style lamp a Tiffany window
Tiffanybiographical name (1)
Definition of Tiffany (Entry 3 of 4)
Charles Lewis 1812–1902 American jeweler
Tiffanybiographical name (2)
Definition of Tiffany (Entry 4 of 4)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game