thrash outphrasal verb
thrashed out; thrashing out; thrashes out
Definition of thrash out
: to talk about (something) in order to make a decision, find a solution, etc. They had a meeting to thrash out their problems. thrash out a plan
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game