tho·oid | \ ˈthōˌȯid\
Definition of thooid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: resembling a wolf —used of a wolf, dog, or jackal as distinguished from the foxes or alopecoid members of the genus Canis
Definition of thooid (Entry 2 of 2)
: a thooid canine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game