Definition of thirty-third
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 33 in a countable series the thirty-third day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 33 equal parts into which anything is divisible a thirty-third share of the money
Definition of thirty-third (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 33 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 33 : one of 33 equal parts of anything one thirty-third of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game