Definition of thirty-seven
(Entry 1 of 3)
thirty-sevenpronoun, plural in construction
Definition of thirty-seven (Entry 2 of 3)
: 37 countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated thirty-seven are here thirty-seven were found
Definition of thirty-seven (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : seven and 30
2a : 37 units or objects a total of thirty-seven
b : a group or set of 37
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 37
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?