Definition of thirty-second
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 32 in a countable series the thirty-second day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 32 equal parts into which anything is divisible a thirty-second share of the money
Definition of thirty-second (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 32 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 32 : one of 32 equal parts of anything one thirty-second of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?