Definition of thirteenth chord
: an eleventh chord with the thirteenth added : a chord that has an interval (see interval sense 2c)of a thirteenth from its lowest to highest note when in root position Thirteenth chords are never seen in the 18th century.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game