ther·mo·phone | \ ˈthərməˌfōn\
Definition of thermophone
1 : a portable telethermometer using a telephone in connection with a differential thermometer
2 : a telephone involving heat effects (as changes in temperature) due to pulsations of the line current in a fine wire connected with the receiver diaphragm
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game