ther·mo·period | \ ¦thərmō+\
Definition of thermoperiod
: the period of exposure of a plant to a particular temperature specifically : the period characteristic of the diurnal alternation of day and night temperature when both period and temperature are at or near the optimum for the induction of various activities (as growth or flowering) — compare photoperiod
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game