Definition of the stretch
: the final straight part of a racecourse before the finish line the horses are in the (final) stretch —often used figuratively She's in the final stretch. The baby's due next month.They will wind up the season with a winning record having won some crucial games down the stretch.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game