the simple lifenoun
Definition of the simple life
—used to refer to a manner of living in which a person does not own many things or use many modern machines and usually lives in the countryside He lives in a small cabin and enjoys the simple life.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game