Definition of the other
1 : the person or thing that remains or that has not been shown or mentioned yet I held on with one hand and waved with the other. Each of them looked at the other.
2 : an opposite place or thing We moved from one side of town to the other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game