Definition of the other
1 : the person or thing that remains or that has not been shown or mentioned yet I held on with one hand and waved with the other. Each of them looked at the other.
2 : an opposite place or thing We moved from one side of town to the other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game