the opposite sexnoun
Definition of the opposite sex
: the people who are not the same sex : the other sex —used by men to refer to women or by women to refer to men He's never been comfortable around (members of) the opposite sex.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?