Definition of the norm
1 : an average level of development or achievement She scored well above/below the norm in math.
2 : something (such as a behavior or way of doing something) that is usual or expected Smaller families have become the norm.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game