the moral high groundnoun
Definition of the moral high ground
: a position in which one has a moral advantage over others These countries lost/ceded the moral high ground when they entered the war to protect their economic interests. She believes she has the moral high ground on this issue.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?