the mailsplural noun
Definition of the mails
chiefly US, law, formal
: the system used for sending letters, packages, etc. : a nation's postal system packages sent through the mails He was charged with using the mails to commit fraud.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game