the home frontnoun
Definition of the home front
: the people who stay in a country and work while that country's soldiers are fighting in a war in a foreign country During the war we had to keep up morale on the home front.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game