Definition of the good
1 : the pleasant things that happen to people You have to take the good with the bad.
2 : things that are morally proper or correct Parents must teach their children the difference between the good and the bad.
3 : morally good people She believes that the good go to heaven when they die and the bad go to hell.
4 : the part of someone that is kind, honest, generous, helpful, etc. They cherished the good in him, overlooking the bad.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game