Definition of the finger
: an obscene gesture made by pointing the middle finger up, keeping the other fingers down, and turning the palm inward She was so mad, she gave him the finger. Some angry driver flipped me the finger on the highway this morning.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game