Definition of the finger
: an obscene gesture made by pointing the middle finger up, keeping the other fingers down, and turning the palm inward She was so mad, she gave him the finger. Some angry driver flipped me the finger on the highway this morning.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?