the family jewelsplural noun
Definition of the family jewels
1 : jewelry that has been passed from one generation to another She inherited the family jewels after the death of her grandmother.
2 informal + humorous : a man's sexual organs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game