the facts speak for themselvesidiom
Definition of the facts speak for themselves
—used to say that the facts connected with a matter make the matter clear There's no doubt that he did it. The facts speak for themselves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game