the fact is/remainsidiom
Definition of the fact is/remains
—used to stress that a statement is true and that its truth is not affected or changed by a previous statement He may not have meant it, but the fact remains that he committed a crime.The company has struggled recently, but the fact is that they are still making a profit.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?