the ends of the earthnoun phrase
Definition of the ends of the earth
: the most remote places in the world —used figuratively to suggest no limit to an effort He would go to the ends of the earth to please her.We will search the ends of the earth if we have to.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game