the all clearnoun
Definition of the all clear
: an indication that a situation is no longer dangerous "How will we know when it's safe to leave?" "I'll give you the all clear by blowing a whistle." Doctors have given her the all clear and she should be back at work next week.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game