Definition of the Fed
: the group of officials (the Federal Reserve Board) who control the U.S. government's central banking system (the Federal Reserve System). The Fed has decided to cut interest rates.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game