that's/there's (something/someone) for youidiom
Definition of that's/there's (something/someone) for you
—used say that something is very good, very disappointing, or very common They brought me the package on Christmas Day! Now that's real service for you!They didn't even send me a Christmas card! There's gratitude for you!He stays up late, playing video games and listening to music. That's a teenager for you.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game