that's/there's (something/someone) for youidiom
Definition of that's/there's (something/someone) for you
—used say that something is very good, very disappointing, or very common They brought me the package on Christmas Day! Now that's real service for you!They didn't even send me a Christmas card! There's gratitude for you!He stays up late, playing video games and listening to music. That's a teenager for you.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game