te·tras·ti·chous | \ te‧ˈtrastəkəs\
Definition of tetrastichous
1 : ranked by fours
2 : arranged in four vertical rows —used especially of the inflorescence of a grass or of its constituent parts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game