ten·pence | \British ˈtenpən(t)s\
plural tenpence or tenpences
Definition of tenpence
1 : the sum of ten pennies
Note: Tenpence is usually used of ten British pennies.
2 : a token representing ten pennies or a coin worth ten pennies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game