ten·pence | \ British ˈtenpən(t)s\
plural tenpence or tenpences
Definition of tenpence
1 : the sum of ten pennies
Note: Tenpence is usually used of ten British pennies.
2 : a token representing ten pennies or a coin worth ten pennies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game