tender of amends
Definition of tender of amends
: an offer of satisfaction for a wrong or breach of contract that serves when sufficient to stop the further accruing of interest and to impose on the plaintiff liability for subsequent costs in the action
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game