Definition of taxeopodous
: having each or most of the tarsal or carpal bones of one row articulating with only one bone of the other row —used especially of an ungulate mammal —opposed to diplarthrous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game