Definition of tarmacadam
1 : a pavement constructed by spraying or pouring a tar binder over layers of crushed stone and then rolling
2 : a material of tar and aggregates mixed in a plant and shaped on the roadway
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game