ta·rir·ic acid | \ təˈririk-\
Definition of tariric acid
: a crystalline acetylenic fatty acid CH3(CH2)10C≡C(CH2)4COOH that is isomeric with linoleic acid and occurs as a glyceride in the oil of the seeds of several plants of the genus Picramnia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?