Tar·ka·ni | \ tärˈkänē\
variants: or less commonly Tarkalani \ ˌtärkəˈlänē \
plural Tarkani or Tarkanis also Tarkalani or Tarkalanis
Definition of Tarkani
1 : one of a group of Pashtun hill people of Durani descent that live west of the Panjkora river in northern West Pakistan
2 : a member of the Tarkani people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game