talk throughphrasal verb
talked through; talking through; talks through
Definition of talk through
1 : to help (someone) understand or do something by explaining its steps in a careful way The woman on the phone talked me through the procedure.
2 : to discuss (something) with someone in order to make a decision or reach an agreement Have you talked this through with your family?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game