Definition of take/find/seek refuge
: to go to or into a place for shelter or protection from danger or trouble We took refuge in a nearby barn during the storm. We found refuge from the storm in a nearby barn. They sought refuge in another country. —often used figuratively After the death of her husband, she took/sought/found refuge in her music.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game