Definition of take/find/seek refuge
: to go to or into a place for shelter or protection from danger or trouble We took refuge in a nearby barn during the storm. We found refuge from the storm in a nearby barn. They sought refuge in another country. —often used figuratively After the death of her husband, she took/sought/found refuge in her music.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?