take one's medicineidiom
Definition of take one's medicine
: to accept something that is unpleasant because it is necessary and cannot be avoided If he loses the case, he should just take his medicine and stop complaining.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game