take no chancesidiom
variants: or not take any chances
Definition of take no chances
: to not do something that is risky or dangerous She was taking no chances by refusing to go skydiving. They did not take any chances and called the fire department when they smelled gas. He said he couldn't afford to take any chances.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game