variants: or not take any chances
Definition of take no chances
: to not do something that is risky or dangerous She was taking no chances by refusing to go skydiving. They did not take any chances and called the fire department when they smelled gas. He said he couldn't afford to take any chances.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game