take it or leave itidiom
Definition of take it or leave it
1 —used to say that one will not make a better offer than the offer one has made I'll give you $500 for the camera, but that's my final offer. Take it or leave it.
2 —used to say that one does not care about or is not excited about something "Do you like lobster?" "I can take it or leave it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game