take a liking toidiom
Definition of take a liking to
: to begin to like (someone or something) He took a liking to his new neighbor. She took an immediate liking to sailing when she tried it for the first time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game