take (something) as a signidiom
Definition of take (something) as a sign
: to believe that something (such as an action or event) shows that something else exists, is true, or will happen When it started to rain, we took it as a sign that we should go home.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game