take (something) on boardidiom
Definition of take (something) on board
: to decide to accept or deal with (something, such as a suggestion or idea) You will be pleased to note that we have taken your suggestions on board in formulating the present policy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game