syn·craniate | \ (ˈ)si|n, sə|, |ŋ+\
Definition of syncraniate
: relating to or having a skull with which certain vertebral elements are fused the skulls of amniotes are considered to be syncraniate —opposed to archaecraniate
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game